Join Our Team
The CA is a vital member of the University Housing Conference Services program. CAs live and work in the residence halls, responding to the day-to-day needs of our conference and camp guests. In many cases, the CA is the first and foremost contact our guests have with UNL. CAs represent themselves, the Conference Services program, and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln as a provider of quality customer service.
Being a CA will help you develop many skills that employers value. As a CA, you'll learn to work well in both collaborative and autonomous situations. CAs serve guests from all over the world, from all walks of life and from all age groups, developing critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Many CAs tell us it's the close-knit, fun-loving team that makes their CA experience the best of their lives and brings them back year after year. CAs live and work closely with about 40 other student leaders, and there's never a dull moment. We strive to comprise a staff of well-rounded, diverse students who share a desire to serve others. We're looking for students to help us create and contribute to a positive, fun atmosphere in which to work and live.
"Being a CA made me appreciate going to UNL more than I did before. It allowed me to see how many people look forward to coming to our campus from all over the world and we get to be their first impression of Nebraska. I would recommend this experience to anyone."
- Ronn Turner, CA
"As an international student, being a CA has helped me in making new friends and connections and improved my customer service skills. It's one of the opportunities that I highly recommend anyone to be apply and be a part of."
- Leland Chow, CA
"It's easy money and you get to hang out with cool people."
- Cameron Troshynski, CA
“ Being a CA allowed me to spend time talking to people from around the world with diverse backgrounds and innumerable interests. The job allowed me to make lots of friends and gain confidence. If you gain satisfaction from helping others and are a hard worker, this job is for you. 10/10.”
- Claire Adams, Senior CA
- $9.00 per hour (with overtime available)
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity to take summer classes
- Free single room during your employment
- Free full meal plan (when the dining halls are open)
- An unparalleled opportunity to meet new friends and develop as a leader
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Must be enrolled as a NU student for spring, summer or fall 2017 classes
- Outside commitments should not exceed 10 hours
- Leadership experience is desirable
- Good academic standing
- Ability to work from May 7 to August 10
Application Process Summer 2017
We encourage you to attend one of our Information Sessions to learn more about the CA position. The schedule for our Information Sessions is as follows:
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017 @ 7:00 pm...............Neihardt Blue TV Lounge
- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 @ 4:00 pm.........Nebraska Union, room posted
- Thursday, January 12, 2017 @ 4:00 pm............Mari's Lounge, Sandoz 1st Floor
- Thursday, January 12, 2017 @ 7:00 pm............Harper Dining Conference Room C
On Line Application Process
The application process begins on Monday, December 5, 2016, when the Conference Assistant job application is made available
- Monday, December 5, 2016 - Applications Process Begins
- Friday, January 20, 2017 by 11:59 pm - Application Deadline
- Friday, January 27, 2017 by 11:59 pm - Online Reference Forms Deadline
- Tuesday, January 31, 2017 by 6:00 pm - All potential candidates will be notified of status via eRezlife
- Tuesday, February 1, 2017 - Friday, February 3, 2017 - Eligible candidates will be able to schedule interviews
- Monday, February 6, 2017 - Monday, March 6, 2017 - Interviews conducted
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017 by 6:00 pm - All candidates given final notification via eRezlife
- Friday, March 10, 2017 by 4:00 pm - Accept/decline forms must be submitted online
Summer Job Timeline
- Saturday, May 6, 2017 - Conference Assistants move into summer rooms
- Sunday, May 7, 2017 - Friday, May 26, 2015 - Mandatory CA Training
- EVERY Wednesday from 3:00 - 5:00 pm from May 31 - August 9 - Mandatory CA Staff Meeting
- Thursday, August 10 by 2:00 pm - CAs must be moved into their fall room assignments