Join Our Team
Conference Assistants are a vital member of the Conference Services program. CAs live and work in the residence halls, responding to the day-to-day needs of our conference and camp guests.
Being a CA will help you develop many skills employers value. CAs serve guests from all over the world, from all walks of life and from all age groups.
CAs tell us it's the close-knit, fun-loving team of about 40 other student leaders that makes their CA experience the best of their lives.
The CA team is comprised of well-rounded, diverse students who share a desire to serve others. If you’re looking for a fun, positive atmosphere where you can develop valuable, marketable skills, apply today to be a CA!
- Fri., Dec. 4, 6 p.m. - Online Application Opens (unl.erezlife.com)
- Wed., Jan. 20, 4 p.m. - Information Session (Zoom link: https://unl.zoom.us/j/95996230423)
- Wed., Jan. 27, 7 p.m. - Information Session (Zoom link: https://unl.zoom.us/j/96470955465)
- Fri., Jan. 29, 10 a.m. - Information Session (Zoom link: https://unl.zoom.us/j/97824949833)
- Online Application Due Mon., Feb. 1 by 11:59PM.
- Go to conferenceservices.unl.edu/ca and click on the "Apply to be a Conference Assistant" near the top of the page. Once logged in, click "Job Postings" on the left side of the page to locate the appropriate application.
- Fri., Feb. 5 by 11:59 p.m. - Online References due.
- Tue., Feb. 9 by 6 p.m. - All candidates notified of status via email and eRezLife.
- Tue., Feb. 9 through Fri., Feb. 12 - Candidates schedule interview, if invited.
- Mon., Feb. 15 through Feb., 26, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. - GHM, DOM, SCA and special assignment interviews conducted and returning CA interviews conducted.
- Mon., Mar. 1 through Fri., March 12, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. - New CA interviews conducted.
- Wed., Mar. 17 by 6 p.m. - All candidates given final notification via eRezLife.
- Fri., Mar. 19 by 4 p.m. - Accept/decline forms must be submitted online.
- Applicants receiving alternate status will remain in the pool until May 9 and will be notified if a position becomes available to them.
- Sat., May 8 - Conference Assistants move into summer rooms.
- Sun., May 9 - Fri., May 28 - CA Orientation/Training occurs (Mandatory CA Training).
- Thur., Aug. 12 by 2 p.m. - All CAs must be moved into their fall housing assignments.
- Wednesdays, June 2 through Aug. 4, 3 to 5 p.m. - Mandatory CA Staff Meting.
If you gain satisfaction from helping others and are a hard worker, this job is for you. 10 out of 10!
The job allowed me to make lots of friends and gain confidence.
It's easy money and you get to hang out with cool people.
Being a CA allowed me to meet people from around the world with diverse backgrounds.
People come to campus from all over the world and we get to be their first impression of Nebraska.
I would recommend this experience to anyone!
It's one of the opportunities I highly recommend anyone!
Being a CA has helped me in making new friends and connections and improved my customer service skills.