Providing exceptional service is our primary mission. Each residence hall has a front desk staffed by a highly trained Conference Assistant (CA). Part concierge and part guest service guru, the CAs working the front desk can help with a myriad of guest needs including: answering questions about campus and Lincoln, giving directions, making restaurant recommendations, guest lock-outs, submitting repair requests, making change, administering lost and found, and assisting with printing and photocopying needs. We want to answer your attendee’s questions and anticipate their needs.
Convenient parking is located adjacent to all residence halls in surface parking lots. A parking permit is required for all vehicles parked in University lots. Surface lot permits (Area R) are complimentary for participants and staff of residential groups during the duration of their stay. Any vehicle, trailer or combination thereof that is larger than one parking stall must have a special large vehicle permit determined by the size of vehicle/trailer. These large vehicle permits will also be complimentary and will require parking in a designated lot on campus. Please see the table below for permit pricing for those who are not attendees or staff. Conference Services staff must distribute all permits and will not collect parking permit fees from individuals. As a reminder, guest parking permits cannot be used by UNL employees or students. Please contact Parking Services (402-472-1800) to discuss parking permit options for your attendees and staff who are UNL employees or students.
|Surface Lot (Area R) Parking Permit Rates - 2018|
|1 day (example: 6/1-6/1)||complimentary||$8.00|
|2 days (example: 6/1-6/2)||complimentary||$16.00|
|3-7 days (example: 6/1-6/7)||complimentary||$19.00|
|8 days (example: 6/1-6/8)||complimentary||$27.00|
|9 days (example: 6/1-6/9)||complimentary||$35.00|
|10 or more days billed at the 3-7 day rate for each 7 day period with no pro-rated amount for partial weeks|
UNL provides complimentary wifi on campus to guests. Please notify Conference Services if you anticipate your attendees will be heavy users of wireless services.
To make each guest’s stay more comfortable the Basic Linen package is provided automatically. This package includes sheets, pillow, and pillowcase for the budget-minded planner and/or youth camps. Many choose to upgrade to the Extended Linen package which adds a blanket, towel, drinking cup, small bar of soap, and daily, in-room towel exchange.
Safety and Security
Each night 1 or 2 Conference Assistants are on-call in each residence hall from 7 am to 7 pm. These staff members are easily identified by their red polo and name tag. They will periodically walk through all areas of the building with an eye on safety and security, as well as assisting guests with their needs. In addition, the UNL Police Department plays a significant role in campus safety. UNLPD is an accredited law enforcement agency (by CALEA) that has Community Service Officers (CSOs) and University Police officers on patrol 24/7. These staff, combined with a system of over 1,500 video cameras, come together to provide a high-level of campus safety. Often times safety is all about prepared, which is why we’re proud to be a certified StormReady Campus.
Guests with Disabilities
Conference Services is committed to providing appropriate accommodations to guests with disabilities. In order to ensure that appropriate arrangements can be made, guests with disabilities who need reasonable accommodation must contact the Director of Services for Students with Disabilities at (402) 472-3787 at least three weeks prior to their scheduled arrival on campus. The guest should be prepared to tell that office the name of the event they are attending and the dates of attendance.
UNL and University Housing Policies
UNL and University Housing Policies are in place to help ensure the safety and satisfaction of all guests on campus. It is the responsibility of the event sponsor to communicate expectations to all participants. All guests must abide UNL and University Housing policies, including but not limited to the following:
- All tobacco products (including cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, and vapor products) are prohibited in all indoor and outdoor areas of campus
- Possession or consumption of alcohol or drugs is prohibited in the residence halls.
- Firearms and other weapons are not allowed on campus or in the residence halls.
- Guests may not engage in acts or communications intended to threaten, intimidate, or harass a particular person and to cause that person to fear for their safety.
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, or anything deemed similar by University Housing staff cannot be ridden inside any University Housing building. Additionally, the use, possession, or storage of hoverboards, or similar devices, is not permitted in any UNL residence hall, dining facility, or apartment building.
- Guests are expected to use good judgment about noise and to respond positively to requests made to decrease noise level.
- Residential guests will escort visitors at all times while in the residence hall and are responsible for the actions of their visitors.
- Opposite sex visitors are prohibited in guest rooms unless authorized or accompanied by an adult.
- Any damages to residence hall facilities must be reported to the Conference Services staff.
- Guests will comply with all requests made by UNL staff members.
- UNL staff will be accessing residence halls floors 24 hours a day while occupied by guests. These staff members will range from custodians to Conference Assistants to University Police staff and can be male or female. Guests should be notified in advance if you think they may be surprised to see a UNL staff member of the same or opposite sex on the residence hall floor.
- It is the policy of UNL that youth conference guests will have access to a traditional hall floor/room or suite-style unit consistent with their gender identity. Generally, guests will be placed in a room with persons of the same gender as that identified by the guests on the registration paperwork. If a client or guest has a need for other accommodations, please contact your Conference Services staff liaison for assistance.
Youth Activity Safety Policy
UNL has implemented a Youth Activity Safety Policy by which all activities on campus must abide if they have any participant under the age of 19. UNL has established this policy in order to provide a safe, educational, and enjoyable experience for all participants. This policy provides minimum specific guidelines for activities sponsored by UNL and for activities sponsored by other organizations, but held on UNL’s campus. Completion of a Registration Form is required for all youth events. If an incident occurs involving youth an Incident Reporting Form must be submitted within 24 hours.
Appropriate supervision of youth is of utmost importance. All activities with youth must have 1 adult chaperone for every 15 youth guests with a minimum of 2 adult chaperones. Adult chaperones must be at least 19 years old and one must be the same sex as the youths. The supervision of youth on campus is the responsibility of the group sponsoring the event and should be entrusted to the adult chaperones. In addition to the guidelines contained within the Youth Activity Safety Policy, all youth activities utilizing University Housing facilities must also follow the guidelines listed below.
- Serve as an appropriate role model and example for youth guests at all times.
- Escort and monitor youth guests in the dining hall and residence halls.
- Live on the floors with youth guests, be present, and monitor all youth activity.
- Conduct a nightly guest check to confirm that all youth are in their rooms at curfew.
- Consistently address and eliminate youth guest behaviors that are either inappropriate or unsafe in the residence hall environment.
- Support any requests or interventions provided by University staff.
- Report problems, accidents, or incidents to University Housing staff immediately.
- Respond to emergency or crisis situations as needed.